The Charlotte 49ers will host their first Green-White Spring Game, Saturday, April 20 at 1 p.m. The game will be broadcast on ESPN 730 (Matt Swierad; Kevin Donnalley).
Head coach Brad Lambert has released a schedule that includes four 12-minute running time quarters. In addition, the team will host a 45-minute autograph session after the game.
Over 10,000 tickets, including student pick-up, FSL holder and general public purchase, have been issued for the game.
Additional tickets are still available online. Cost is $10. Parking is available on-campus according to the 49ers Football Game Day parking procedures.
FSL members who have purchased permits received those permits during the FSL seat selection process. Those without permits can pre-purchase permits via the Click and Park online system, available at Charlotte49ers.com. Those who come to campus without a permit will be directed to Cone Deck, for cash parking.
Traffic routes onto campus are dictated by the fans' parking location in accordance to the permit they possess. Those without permits need to enter through the campus' main entrance to access the Cone Deck.
The Green Roster features quarterback Matt Johnson, running backs Alan Barnwell and Damarrell Alexander, receivers Mikel Hunter, Austin Duke, Jamel Ross and Will Thomas, H-backs CJ Crawford and Justin Bolus behind a line that includes Mason Sledge, Thomas La Bianca, Daniel Book, Casey Perry and Jamal Covington.
The White team offense includes quarterbacks Lee McNeil (who will also see time with the Green roster) and Patrick O'Brien. Running backs Quintin Gay and Donjore Gainey are joined by receivers Corey Nesmith, EJ Rhinehart, Luke Sonricker and Darius Smalls and H-backs Elijah Roberson, Peter Fields and Jason Eury. The White line includes Kyle Hoffman, Joe Wolljung, Jared Barr, Zach Thomas, Zach Bumgarner, Thomas Frazier, Cameron Curlings and Cody Brown. Zach Thomas and Nesmith will also see time with the Green squad.
The Green defensive line includes Devin Clegg, Larry Ogunjobi, and James Middleton with linebackers Nico Alcalde, Terry Caldwell, Micah Bryan and Rick LeGrant and a secondary that includes Tank Norman, Greg Cunningham, Desmond Cooper, and Daquan Lucas as well as Alex Petzke and Ardy Holmes, who will also play on the white team.
The White defensive line includes Payton Thompson, Hayden Beck, Fletcher O'Neill and Kyle Taylor. The linebacking corps includes Jalen Holt, Brandon Rodriguez and Mark Pettit and Kendal Parker, who will both play on the Green team, as well. Other linebackers include Zeb Little, Tyler DeStefani and Robert Williams. The secondary will be made up of Jordan Abrams, Cortezz Nixon, and Petzke and Holmes, as well as Sam Dexter, Danny Leonardi and DaQuavius Reid.
CHARLOTTE 49ER NOTES:
* The 49ers inaugural season will be 2013. The 49ers first recruiting class will serve a red-shirt season in 2012-13 while practicing and training for the inaugural 2013 season.
* In 2013 and 2014, the 49ers will compete as an FCS Independent. Charlotte, which joins Conference USA in all other sports in 2013, will begin competition in Conference USA football in 2015 as a member of that FBS conference with an opportunity to gain full FBS member status with bowl eligibility in 2016.
*Charlotte is one of the nation’s first teams to be welcomed into an FBS Conference before even holding its first practice.
* The 49ers will hold their first spring game, April 20, 2013 at the 49ers Football Stadium. The Spring Game will start at 1:00 p.m. and will conclude the 49ers first spring practice season.
* The 49ers 15,300 seat on-campus stadium was completed in October an officially turned over to the university Oct. 31, 2012. The stadium boasts a completed 46,150 square-foot Judy W. Rose Football Center which includes coaches offices, locker rooms, an academic center, a tiered classroom, a players lounge, meeting rooms, a training suite, a strength training suite and a hospitality deck.
* Head coach Brad Lambert, hired Mar. 1, 2011, most recently served as Defensive Coordinator at Wake Forest, during his 10-year stint with the Demon Deacons. An all-Big Eight Defensive Back at Kansas State, Lambert has also coached at Georgia, Marshall and Oklahoma during his 24-year coaching career.
* Lambert’s staff includes a pair of coordinators with over 20 years of coaching experience: Offensive Coordinator Jeff Mullen (21 years) and Defensive Coordinator Bruce Tall (30 years).
* Charlotte’s current 11-man, start-up coaching staff has over 100 years of collegiate coaching experience and has coached in 21 bowl games.
* The 49ers first recruiting class of 27 players was signed in February, 2012. Speedy receiver Will Thomas (6-0, Fr.; Hampstead, N.C./Topsail Senior) was the 49ers first official signee -- with his signed NLI coming across with a timestamp of 7:02, Feb. 1, 2012.
* The 49ers announced the addition of three transfers in December, 2012 who enrolled at the university for the spring semester, 2013: Jr. LB Caleb Clayton-Molby (Georgia Military College), Grad student H-Back CJ Crawford (Marshall) and Sr. WR Mikel Hunter (Air Force)
* The 49ers second recruiting class of 20 players was signed in February, 2013 and included four transfers as head coach Brad Lambert tries to add age to his young squad.
* Charlotte49ers.com hosts a monthly documentary series entitled "49ers Football Now", which covers the progress of the program through its start-up stage and is narrated by the Voice of the 49ers, Matt Swierad.
* The 49ers will play their games on McColl-Richardson Field, thanks to the generous combined contribution from Hugh McColl, the banking industry pioneer who built Bank of America into one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions and Jerry Richardson, the owner of the NFL Carolina Panthers who built that expansion franchise into a Super Bowl participant.
* The 49ers football field house, which includes the locker rooms, offices, academic center, strength training suite is named after longtime director of athletics Judy Rose. Rights to name the facility were purchased by Dale Halton, who, along with Chancellor Dr. Philip Dubois, saw fit to name the building in her honor: The Judy W. Rose Football Center
In March, the 49ers announced that they have inked a series with Eastern Michigan for 2016 and 2017 and with Elon for 2014 and 2016.
Charlotte will host Eastern Michigan, Sept. 3, 2016 and travel to Ypsilanti, Mich., Sept. 2, 2017. Charlotte will travel to Elon, Sept. 20, 2014 and host the Phoenix on Oct. 1, 2016.
In December, head coach Brad Lambert announced that the 49ers scheduled a road game against a Bowl Championship Series (BCS) contender for 2016.
Charlotte will travel to Lambert’s alma mater, Kansas State of the Big 12, Sept. 10, 2016 in Manhattan, Kansas.
In October, the Charlotte 49ers announced a home-and-home football series with BIG EAST member Temple, beginning in 2015. This is the 49ers second home-and-home series with an Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) opponent. Charlotte will play FBS Independent Old Dominion in 2013 and 2014.
The Temple series will begin with the 49ers hosting the Owls, Oct. 3, 2015. Charlotte will make a return trip to Temple, Sept. 24, 2016.
Welcome to the Charlotte 49ers Athletic Foundation!
If you wish to make a contribution to the Annual Giving Campaign or Let Me Play (fundraiser for women's athletics), you can do so online or by calling the Athletic Foundation at (704) 687-1047/4950.
This system will give you full access to your own personal account and display donations and pledges to the Charlotte 49ers Athletic Foundation.
Please Note: If you have ever contributed to the Athletic Foundation, you have an existing account and should login using that information. Please do not create a second account. If you are unsure of your account status or need your login information, please contact the Athletic Foundation at (704) 687-4950/1047.
If your gift will be accompanied by a matching gift from your employer please do not make your gift online. Contact the Athletic Foundation at (704)687-1047 for information of contributions with a matching gift.
If you are a new member and have not participated in any of the ways mentioned above, please create a new account below and make a pledge to our current campaign.