Boston College at #4 Duke
Postgame Notes l January 27, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Moved to 18-1 overall and 8-0 in ACC action.
• Won its 34th straight home ACC contest.
• Coach P moved to 36-2 at home against ACC opponents.
• Moved to 29-4 in the month of January over the last four years.
• Moved the overall series record to 11-2 against Boston College and won its fourth straight.
• Coach P moved to 8-5 all-time against Boston College.
• Improved to 9-0 at home this season.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Notched 10 points, seven rebounds, five assists and one block.
• Tied a career high with five assists.
• Blocked a shot for the 52nd straight game since arriving at Duke.
• Reached double-figure scoring for the seventh straight game, the 16th time this season and 43rd time in her career.
Junior Haley Peters
• Notched her team-best fourth double-double of the season and fifth of her career with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
• Tied a career high with 13 rebounds.
• Totaled double-figure scoring for the 14th time this season and 43rd time in her career. Marked only her second time in double-digits over her last five contests.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Notched 12 points, six rebounds, four steals and two assists.
• Moved into seventh place on Duke’s all-time steals list with 231, after swiping four on the day.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Finished the game with 12 points, four rebounds and one assist in 19 minutes.
• Hit 4-of-6 treys.
• Totaled a team-high first half points on 4-of-4 three-point shooting.
• Registered double-figure scoring for the second straight game and 12th time this season.
• Moved into 10th place on Duke’s all-time three-point field goals made list with 125 – passing Krista Gingrich (124).
• Has drained eight three-point field goals over the last two games on 14 attempts.
Junior Chloe Wells
• Had a season-high 13 points. Dished three assists and had three steals in a season-high 30 minutes.
• Tied a season high with 10 first half points.
• Had zero turnovers.
• Made her second straight start.
Other Duke Notes…
• Outrebounded BC, 47-28.
• Scored 22 points off 15 Boston College turnovers.
• Had 22 bench points.
• Totaled five double-figure scorers for the first time since the Boston College game on Jan. 6.
• The Blue Devils recognized the 2003 NCAA Final Four team at halftime of the game with Gail Goestenkors, Gale Valley, Vicki Krapohl, Lindsey Harding, Michele Matyasovsky and Georgia Schweitzer in attendance.
• Scored the two highest first half point totals in ACC action against Boston College this season (55, 49).
• Dished 13 assists in the first half and finished the game with 20.
• Hit 8-of-10 three-pointers in the first half.
• Finished the game with 10-of-20 treys made.
• Pulled down 16 offensive rebounds.
• Notched 11 steals.
• Will next host Miami on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7:00 p.m., on the ACC Digital Network.
Duke Athletic Ticket Office,
BDN+ presented by Delta users
returning customers, please login here.