Georgia Tech at #4 Duke
Postgame Notes l December 6, 2012
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 7-0 on the season and 1-0 in ACC action.
• Posted its 31st consecutive win against an ACC opponent in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Coach P improved to 34-2 all-time at home against ACC foes.
• Netted its 35th straight win against Georgia Tech and moved the all-time series record to 57-7. The last loss against Georgia Tech came in 1994.
• Coach P moved to 8-0 all-time against the Yellow Jackets.
• Won its 45th straight home game in the month of December and has a 26-2 record in the month over the last four years.
• Coach P improved to 75-5 in Cameron Indoor Stadium over her six years.
• Won its seventh straight ACC contest in the month of December.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Scored a career and season-high 25 points on 10-of-14 field goals.
• Tied a career high with 10 field goals made.
• Blocked all six shots in the second half, which tied a season high.
• Notched her first double-double of the season and sixth of her career with 25 points and 11 rebounds.
• Registered double-figure scoring for the sixth straight game this season and the 34th time in her career.
• Collected 12 points in the first half on 5-of-6 shooting.
• Totaled a block in her 40th straight contest since coming to Duke.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Finished the game with 13 points, five rebounds and four assists in 27 minutes.
• Hit a three-pointer for the 14th straight game.
• Needs one more three-pointer to reach 100 for her career.
• Registered double-figure scoring for the fifth time this season and the 31st time over her career.
Junior Haley Peters
• Posted her second career double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
• Her 11 rebounds was a season high.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Had four points, four rebounds, three assists, one steal and two blocked shots.
• Blocked a career high two shots in the first half (had blocked only one shot all season).
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Had 13 points, five assists and six steals.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the seventh straight game to open the season and the 50th time in her career.
Senior Allison Vernerey
• Missed the first game of her career with an injured elbow. Had played in 111 straight contests.
Sophomore Ka'lia Johnson
• Pulled down a career high 11 rebounds and had nine points.
• Took two charges on the night (came into the game with just one over her career).
Other Duke Notes…
• Outrebounded Georgia Tech, 55-44.
• Held the Yellow Jackets to a season-low 28.6.
• Had three different players notch double-figure rebounds.
• Hit a season-low two three-pointers on 10 attempts.
• Totaled a 54-30 advantage in points in the paint.
• Allowed a season-high 24 offensive rebounds.
• Will next play in the Maggie Dixon Classic on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 1:30 p.m. The game will be played in Madison Square Garden in New York, N.Y., against 25th-ranked St. John’s.
Duke Athletic Ticket Office,
BDN+ presented by Delta users
returning customers, please login here.