- This match marks the beginning of the 33rd season of Kansas City volleyball, with a record of 354-602 all-time. The Roos are 8-24 in season opening matches, but have won their last four straight. They are 10-21 in home openers, winning four of their last five.
- Kansas City comes into 2019-20 following a 21-11 (11-5) campaign in 2018-19. That was good enough to earn the Roos the three seed in the WAC tournament, before losing to eventual champion NM State in the semifinals.
- Roos’ Head Coach Christi Posey enters her 9th season at the helm, a program record. Having garnered a record of 128-106 to this point, she is at the top of many Kansas City Volleyball coaching categories, including games won, win percentage (.547), most winning seasons (6) and most conference wins (67).
- Posey is a University of Kansas softball alumna, class of 1982. For 11 years prior to taking over for the Roos, she was also the recruiting coordinator and assistant coach under Ray Bechard at Kansas.
- Alicia Harrington, Ty Lukes and Melanie Brecka were all named to the preseason All-WAC team. Additionally, Lukes was awarded preseason player of the year honors.
- This game marks the return of Mykal Sadler. Prior to missing the entirety of last season due to injury, Sadler led the 2017 squad in blocks/set (1.01) and was second in kills (222).
- This is the first of four straight home matches to open the season for the Roos. They will host Louisiana Tech, South Dakota and Tulsa in the KC Roos Klassic on September 6 & 7.
- The Roos have undergone rebranding efforts! Along with the new logo, website and court redesign, we should now be referred to as Kansas City/KC, not UMKC.
- For full game notes, CLICK HERE.
09-01-2019Game Preview: Kansas City faces Oral Roberts in Labor Day showdown