GREENSBORO, N.C. - Facing their final two contests of the regular season, UNCG women's soccer opens its last home stand this Friday against Western Carolina. The Spartans currently sit third in the Southern Conference, thanks to a head-to-head tie-breaker over Mercer. The side will be looking to move up the league table with a pair of wins this weekend however, competing in the team's annual 'Pink Game', to celebrate breast cancer awareness month on Friday, and holding senior day recognitions against ETSU on Sunday.
UNCG enters the week coming off a 2-1 win over Chattanooga on the road last Sunday, while the Catamounts look to bring some momentum of their own, after defeating Mercer 4-1 in their final home match of the 2019 season.
• UNCG is 21-3-3 against the Catamounts all-time and has not lost to the side since 2012
• Through their 27 meetings the Spartans have shutout Western Carolina 17 times, while outscoring the side 48-12 overall
• Cienna Rideout scored a pair of goals to push the Spartans over Chattanooga last week, she now has a career total of 29, putting her in a tie for eighth in program history
• Freshman keeper Abby Buchholz made four saves in her team's win over the Mocs, she's surrendered seven goals over her seven starts in conference play while securing three clean sheets
• Midfielder Kaley Tucker tallied her second assist of the season against UTC, delivering the cross to Rideout that proved to be the game-winner
• The Spartans sit third in the Southern Conference on a head-to-head tiebreaker with Mercer, their final two opponents of the regular season, WCU and ETSU, rank sixth and eighth respectively
• Rideout currently leads the Southern Conference in shots per match, while her average of 4.19 sits 23rd in all of Division I women's soccer
• Western Carolina fouls less than any other squad in the SoCon with an average of 7.69 fouls per match, 54th-least in the country
• Junior midfielder Regan Ward leads the Catamounts with four goals on the season, despite making just four starts over nine appearances. None of those tallies have come against conference opponents
COMING UP NEXT
The Spartans wrap up the regular season on Sunday with a 2 p.m. home kickoff against ETSU, as the program recognizes Cienna Rideout, Grace Regal, Grace Kennedy and Marissa Ferrantino during this year's 'senior day' match. UNCG is 12-5-0 against the Bucs all-time, and holds a 6-1-0 record against the program when playing in Greensboro.
-- UNCG –