GREENSBORO, N.C. - Senior defender Casey Penland represents UNCG men's soccer on this year's United Soccer Coaches All-South Region list, earning Third Team honors for the first time in his career. Penland is the first Spartan to grab All-Region accolades since Leeroy Maguraushe in 2016, and is the first UNCG defender to receive the honor since David Worthen in 2007.
Senior | Defense | High Point, N.C.
• First career United Soccer Coaches All-South Region selection
• 2019 Southern Conference Player of the Year and First Team All-SoCon defender
• Five goals led all Southern Conference defenders in 2019; 12 career goals are a Division I program record among defenders
• Helped lead the Spartan backline to a SoCon best 0.33 goals against average in conference play
• Captained the UNCG defense to five shutouts in 2019; a part of 20 Spartan clean sheets over his career
Captaining his team to a 2019 Southern Conference Regular Season title, and an appearance in the SoCon Championship Tournament final, Casey Penland led the Spartan backline to five clean sheets on the year, while scoring five goals on the offensive side of the ball. Penland will finish his time in Greensboro as the highest scoring defender in Division I program history, with 12 goals, while taking part in 20 Spartan shutouts over his 68 appearances since 2016.
-- UNCG –