Story by Chad Waller, NAIA Director of Communications & Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the 10th-straight poll, Keiser (Fla.) locks down the No. 1 position again in the third regular-season edition of the 2016 NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Friday. The fourth installment releases on April 8, 2016.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
• Keiser (Fla.) gathered 15-of-17 first-place votes and 466 points to boast the No. 1 ranking.
• The Seahawks have been perched on top of the polls dating back to start of 2015 campaign. The 10-straight No. 1 rankings is the longest of any NAIA program since Oklahoma City went 15-straight that spanned the 2006 – 08 seasons.
• The top-nine ranked programs all held their positions from last time, including No. 2 SCAD Savannah (Ga.), No. 3 William Woods (Mo.), No. 4 Dalton State (Ga.) and No. 5 Oklahoma City.
• With an improvement of four spots, No. 11 SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) had the best positive movement this time.
• This week’s newcomer is No. 25 Arizona Christian. The FireStorm were last ranked on Nov. 6, 2015 in the No. 22 position.
• Oklahoma City boasts the most No. 1 rankings with 43, followed by British Columbia with 13.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2015 NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 3 (March 25)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) (15)||466|
|2||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||447|
|3||3||William Woods (Mo.) (2)||436|
|4||4||Dalton State (Ga.)||427|
|7||7||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||371|
|11||15||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||304|
|12||10||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||296|
|19||22||William Carey (Miss.)||189|
|20||18||William Penn (Iowa)||181|
|23||20||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||135|
Dropped from Top 25: No. 25 Southeastern (Fla.).
Other Receiving Votes: Southeastern (Fla.) 94; Faulkner (Ala.) 73; Madonna (Mich.) 66; Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 43; Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 23; Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) 17; Oregon Tech 10; Jamestown (N.D.) 4; Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 3; St. Thomas (Texas) 3.