KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) closes the regular-season as the No. 1 team in the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Wednesday. The Lions were the unanimous pick, gathering all 10 first-place votes and 250 points.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
• Frequency of polls occur bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
• For the complete ratings calendar, click here.
2016-17 NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Final Top 25 Poll (March 8, 2017)
|RANK||PRVS||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||Record||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) (10)||33-0||250|
|2||2||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||31-1||242|
|3||4||Shawnee State (Ohio)||31-2||234|
|4||3||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||30-2||222|
|15||17||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||25-6||133|
|16||15||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||24-8||128|
|17||19||The Master’s (Calif.)||22-7||120|
|19||16||John Brown (Ark.)||22-8||113|
|20||21||Central Methodist (Mo.)||23-9||92|
Dropped from the Top 25: None
Others receiving votes: Mobile (Ala.) 49; LSU Shreveport (La.) 48; MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 35; Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 21; William Penn (Iowa) 10; William Woods (Mo.) 9.