|No. 4 Duke vs. Wake Forest
|When: Mar. 5 | 7:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- With two games left in the regular season, No. 4 Duke welcomes long-time rival Wake Forest Tuesday night in the Blue Devils’ regular-season home finale.
- Tuesday is Duke’s Senior Night and Antonio Vrankovic and Brennan Besser will be recognized before the game.
- Duke, which is one game back of the ACC leaders with two games remaining, has secured one of the top four seeds and a double-bye in the 2019 New York Life ACC Tournament, set for March 12-16 in Charlotte.
- Duke’s most-played rival, the Demon Deacons and Blue Devils have met 250 times with Duke leading the series 172-78, including 61-16 at Cameron Indoor.
- Freshman RJ Barrett enters the Wake Forest game 24 points shy of tying Duke’s freshman scoring record set last season by Marvin Bagley III (694). Barrett leads the ACC in scoring at 23.1 points per game.
- Barrett is the only player in the ACC to score in double figures every game this season (29). Cam Reddish has made a three in 15 straight games -- also the ACC’s longest streak.
- Of Tre Jones’ 26 primary defensive assignments this season, the National Defensive Player of the Year finalist has held 20 below their season average for field goal percentage, and 18 below their season average for points.
- Duke leads the country in blocked shots (7.0), is the only team nationally with 200 blocks (202), and is on pace to set both the program and ACC record of 245 blocked shots (1998-99).
Duke vs. Wake Forest
Duke and Wake Forest are meeting for the 251st time in a series that dates to the 1905-06 season…The Blue Devils lead the series 172-78, including 61-16 at Cameron Indoor…Duke has won nine straight in the series -- its second-longest active ACC winning streak behind 12 consecutive wins over Georgia Tech…Earlier this season in Winston-Salem, freshman Zion Williamson had 30 points and 10 rebounds and RJ Barrett added 21 points in an 87-65 victory…Each of Duke’s last 10 leading scorers in a Duke-Wake game prior to this season are now playing in the NBA.
Duke's Most Frequent Rivals
At 250 previous games, Wake Forest is Duke’s most-frequently played rival…Duke’s 249 games versus North Carolina are next, followed by 248 games versus NC State.
Home Court Advantage
Duke is 154-11 (.933) at Cameron Indoor Stadium this decade (since the 2009-10 season), the third-best home winning percentage in the NCAA over that stretch…Duke has posted an 891-161 (.847) all-time record at Cameron Indoor, including 533-66 (.890) under Coach K…The Blue Devils have 18 undefeated home seasons, including 11 under Coach K…Duke is 14-2 this season at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Duke has achieved the program’s 54th 20-win season…Duke has won 20 or more games in 23 consecutive seasons, including this campaign…The Blue Devils have recorded 30 or more wins an NCAA-record 14 times under Coach K…Duke and Gonzaga are the only programs to have won 25 or more games in each of the last 12 seasons.
Jonesin' for Defense
Of his 26 primary defensive assignments this season (not counting the first Syracuse game), freshman Tre Jones has held 20 below their season average for field goal percentage, and 18 below their season average for points…A candidate for National Defensive Player of the Year, Jones has locked up high-scoring guards Shamorie Ponds (St. John’s), Ky Bowman (Boston College), Coby White (North Carolina), Tyus Battle (Syracuse) and Chris Lykes (Miami) to a combined 16-of-74 (.216) and 51 total points -- 0.69 points per field goal attempt.
RJ, Zion Threaten Frosh Scoring Record
With freshmen RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson continuing to set the scoring pace in the ACC, the duo should threaten the team’s one-year-old freshman scoring record…Last season, Marvin Bagley III’s 694 points were the most scored by a Duke freshman. Barrett is 24 points from tying the record, while Williamson is 133 away…Barrett and Williamson are aiming to become the first freshman teammates in NCAA history to each average 20.0+ points in a season.