OMAHA, Neb.- The University of Northern Iowa women's tennis team fell to the Drake University Bulldogs 4-1 in the first round of the Missouri Valley Conference Championships in Omaha this afternoon.
In doubles, Krissy Lankelma and Cassandra Dix fell to Manca Krizman and Gabby Demos of Drake 8-0 in the No. 1 match. Jessica Kunzelmann and Nina Pfahler were defeated by Klavdija Rebol and Jessica Aguilera of Drake in the No. 2 match. Chelsea Moore and Stefannia Sampaio won their No. 3 match against Amanda Aragon and Nell Boyd of Drake 8-1.
Pfahler fell to Krizman of Drake 6-3, 6-1 in the No. 1 singles match. Dix was defeated by Rebol of Drake 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 in the No. 2 match. Demos of Drake defeated Kunzelmann 6-4, 6-0 in the No. 3 match. Moore won her No. 4 match, defeating Boyd of Drake 7-5, 6-3. Both Lankelma's and Sampaio's matches were not finished.
This concludes the season for UNI women's tennis.
1) Manca Krizman DU def. Nina Pfahler UNI 6-3, 6-1
2) Klavdija Rebol DU def. Cassandra Dix UNI 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
3) Gabriela Demos DU def. Jessica Kunzelmann UNI 6-4, 6-0
4) Chelesa Moore UNI def. Nell Boyd DU 7-5, 6-3
5) Jessica Aguilera DU vs. Krissy Lankelam UNI 6-3, 3-2, unfinished
6) Amanda Aragon DU vs. Stefannia Sampaio UNI 4-6, unfinished
1) Manca Krizman/Gabby Demos DU def. Krissy Lankelma/Cassandra Dix UNI 8-0
2) Klavdija Rebl/Jessica Aguilera DU def. Jessica Kunzelmann/Nina Pfahler UNI 8-1
3) Chelsea Moore/Stefannia Sampaio DU def. Amanda Aragon/Nell Boyd DU 8-1