2013-14: Senior at Creighton
• Averaged 7.2 points per game as a senior while starting 28 of 29 appearances as a rare sixth-year senior.
• Disclocated his kneecap late in first half at DePaul (Jan. 7) and missed six games before returning on Feb. 7, also vs. DePaul, and delivering eight assists, seven points and five rebounds in 21 minutes.
• Had started 86 straight games before the injury.
• Team was 5-1 without him.
• Spent third year as a team captain.
• His 498 assists rank fourth-most in Creighton history.
• Had 11 points, six rebounds and six assists in win at Saint Joseph’s (Nov. 16).
• Had season-high of 12 points vs. George Washington (Dec. 1).
• Dished eight assists and scored eight points in win over Nebraska (Dec. 8).
• Had 12 points, five rebounds and five assists without a turnover in win at Seton Hall (Jan. 4).
• Had first career point/rebound double-double at St. John’s with 12 points and 11 rebounds, adding six assists (Feb. 7).
• Had 16 points, including career-best three three-pointers, in win vs. Seton Hall (Feb. 23).
• Had season-best 17 points at Georgetown, including 3-for-3 from three-point range (March 4).
• Nationally, ranked 13th last year in assist/turnover ratio and 22nd in assists per game.
• Ranked eighth in the BIG EAST in assists per game (172nd nationally) and seventh in assist/turnover ratio (95th nationally).
• His career 2.35 assist/turnover ratio is 15th-best in NCAA history since 2000 (minimum 400 assists), and second-best in that time by someone 6-foot-5 or taller.
• Blogged for USAToday.com in the spring semester.2012-13: Junior at Creighton
• Honorable Mention All-MVC selection.
• One of 12 finalists nationally for the Eddie Sutton Tustenugee Award.
• Led MVC in assists, assists per game and assist/turnover ratio.
• His 210 assists were the most by any Bluejay since 1973-74 and ranked second in school history for a single season.
• Ranked 13th nationally in assist/turnover ratio (min 3 apg.) and 22nd in assists per game.
• Scored 13 points and dished six assists in 37 minutes during win vs. UAB (Nov. 14).
• Had eight points, seven assists and five rebounds in Las Vegas Invitational title game win vs. Arizona State (Nov. 24).
• Scored season-high 17 points and dished five assists vs. Boise State (Nov. 28).
• Dished nine assists without a turnover in 80-51 win vs. Saint Joseph’s (Dec. 1).
• Had 10 assists, five rebounds and five assists in 64-42 win at Nebraska (Dec. 1).
• Had 11 points, seven assists and six rebounds in win vs. UNI (Jan. 15).
• Produced 14 points, eight assists and five rebounds at Wichita State (Jan. 19).
• Had 18 points (all in 2nd half) to go with eight assists and five rebounds at Drake (Jan. 23).
• Shot 5-for-5 from field and had 13 points and six assists in win at Southern Illinois (Jan. 27).
• Had 13 points, five rebounds, five assists and two steals in win vs. Southern Illinois (Feb. 19).
• Had 12 points and eight assists vs. Wichita State in game that clinched MVC regular-season title (March 2).
• Had 11 points, seven assists and six rebounds in MVC Tournament title game win vs. Wichita State (March 10).
• Was awarded a sixth year of eligibility on July 2, 2013.2011-12: Sophomore at Creighton
• Runner-up for MVC Newcomer of the Year.
• Led Creighton in assists and steals per game while starting all 35 contests for Valley Tournament champion.
• Voted a team captain despite never having played at CU prior to the season.
• His 5.0 assists per game ranked 56th nationally.
• Gifted passer owned spectacular 2.41 assist/turnover ratio that ranked 27th nationally.
• Led MVC with 176 assists, and second in the MVC in assists per game and in assist/turnover ratio.
• Scored in double-figures 11 times (all victories), including career-high 20 points in MVC Tournament final vs. Illinois State (March 4).
• Scored 12 points vs. Campbell (Nov. 25) and Illinois State (Jan. 13).
• Had five points, seven rebounds and seven assists without a turnover in win at UAB (Nov. 16), including go-ahead three-pointer.
• Named to Dale Howard Classic All-Tournament Team.
• Had 11 points and six rebounds vs. Nebraska while playing a career-high 39 minutes.
• Had eight assists and career-high four steals without attempting a field goal vs. Houston Baptist (Dec. 17).
• Approached Creighton’s first point-rebound-assist triple-double at Tulsa (Dec. 19), finishing with nine points, seven rebounds and 10 assists.
• Had a CenturyLink Center Omaha record with 12 assists in a win over Northwestern (Dec. 22), tied for sixth-most in Creighton single-game history and the most by a Bluejay since 12/21/02.
• Became first Bluejay with consecutive games of 10 or more assists since Duan Cole in 1990.
• Had 11 points and six assists in win at Wichita State (Dec. 31), as team outscored the Shockers 50-25 with him on the floor.
• Made all three shots and finished with eight points, seven rebounds and five assists in win vs. Drake (Jan. 3).
• Named MVC Newcomer of the Week on Jan. 9 (8.5 ppg., 5.5 apg., 4.5 rpg.) and Jan. 16 (10.7 ppg., 5.7 rpg., 5.0 apg.).
• Scored 10 second-half points in win vs. UNI (Jan. 10).
• Had first career double-double with 12 points and 10 assists, as well as seven rebounds, in win at Illinois State (Jan. 13).
• Had 10 points, including first dunk, in win vs. Southern Illinois (Jan. 15).
• Had seven assists and 12 points vs. Illinois State (Feb. 1).
• Finished with 20 points, seven rebounds and five assists without a turnover in MVC Tourney title game vs. Illinois State (March 4), including five overtime points.
• Had 10 points, six rebounds and four assists vs. Alabama in NCAA Tournament win (March 16).
• Had season-high 10 rebounds vs. No. 4 North Carolina in NCAA Tournament (March 18).
• Team’s only player since at least 1988-89 with different games of 10 or more points, rebounds and assists in the same season.Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged 8.0 points, including a high of 12 vs. Bahamas All-Stars.
• Had impressive 17/3 assist/turnover ratio and shot 52 percent from the floor.2010-11: Redshirted at Creighton
• Redshirted the season as a transfer from Gonzaga while recovering from knee surgery.
• Named to MVC Academic Honor Roll.Gonzaga University (2008-10)
• Appeared in 24 games, with one start, as a freshman for team that went 27-7 and won WCC in 2009-10.
• Averaged 2.2 points, 1.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 9.3 minutes per game.
• Had a season-high of eight points against Augustana (Ill.), Loyola Marymount and San Francisco.
• Lone start came against Davidson in place of injured Matt Bouldin, grabbing a season-best eight rebounds.
• Redshirted in 2008-09 with a shoulder injury.Linn-Mar High School
• As a senior, team took third place at state, thanks in part to his 22 points on 10-of-12 shooting from the field, including a fall away buzzer-beating three-pointer for the win.
• Named First Team All-State by the Iowa Newspaper Association as well as First Team All-Mississippi Valley Conference.
• Team won state his junior year, going 24-1, as he scored 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds in title game.
• Named to State All-Tournament Team each of his final two seasons.
• Averaged 13.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game as a junior.
• As a sophomore, team went 23-3 and took fourth at state.
• Coached by Chris Robertson.
• Considered Iowa State (then coached by Greg McDermott) out of high school.More About Grant
Full Name: Grant Randall Gibbs
Birthday: July 22, 1989
Birthplace: Marion, Iowa
Parents: Randy and Judy Gibbs
Brother: Reid (26)
Degree: Graduated with a degree in journalism in May of 2013
Graduate Major: Integrated leadership
Hobbies: ‘90s hip-hop music
Favorite Athlete: Larry Bird
Favorite Professor at Creighton: Carol Zuegner
Favorite Sports Memory: Winning state tourney junior year of high school
Favorite TV Show: The Wire
Favorite Sports Team: Portland Trail BlazersAwards and Honors2010-11
MVC Academic Honor Roll2011-12
Dale Howard Classic All-Tournament Team
MVC Academic Honor Roll
MVC All-Newcomer Team
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 12/26
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 1/9
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 1/162012-13
Eddie Sutton Tustenugee Finalist (12)
Honorable Mention All-Missouri Valley Conference2013-14
BleacherReport.com All-Big East Most UnderratedCareer Highs
20 vs. Illinois State (OT) 3/4/12
8 vs. Illinois State (OT) 3/4/12
Field Goal Attempts
14 (2x), last vs. Illinois State 2/9/13
3-Point Field Goals
3 (2x), last at Georgetown 3/4/14
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
6 at Northern Iowa 2/13/13
7 vs. Southern Illinois 2/19/13
Free Throws Attempted
8 (2x), last vs. Southern Illinois 1/15/12
11 at St. John’s 2/9/14
12 vs. Northwestern 12/22/11
2 (3x), last at Marquete 2/19/14
4 (2x), last at Drake 1/23/13
40- vs. George Washington 12/1/13