SCOUTING THE GRIFFS
• After starting the season with a 1-8 mark, Canisius has won two of its last three games to improve to 3-9 on the year. The Griffs are 2-3 in the MAAC, including a 2-0 mark on the road.
• Sophomore Tim Edwards leads the team with 38 points, 19 goals and 19 assists this season. Freshman Vince Gravino ranks second with 25 points (18g, 7a), while senior Joe Rautenstrauch is right behind with 23 points (16g, 7a).
• Sophomore netminder Alex Govenettio has started 10-of-12 games in goal for Canisius, posting an 11.63 goals against average and .444 save percentage.
• Senior Mike Moran leads the Griffs in faceoffs, winning 61.8 percent of restarts (136-of-220).
• Sophomore Tim Edwards has led the Griffs throughout the 2013 season and now leads the team in points (38), goals (19) and assists (19).
• Edwards is just one goal and one assist shy of reaching 20 in both categories.
• If he reaches the mark, Edwards would become just the fourth Griff since the team joined the MAAC in 1996 to record 20 goals and 20 assists in the same season. Mark Miyashita was the last Griff to accomplish the feat, posting 23 goals and 26 assists in 2003.
• Edwards currently ranks third in the MAAC with 3.17 points per game, 10th with 1.58 goals per game and second with 1.58 assists per game.
• The biggest strength for the Griffs this year has come at the faceoff X with senior Mike Moran.
• Moran ranks first in the MAAC and seventh nationally by winning 61.8 percent of his restarts (136-of-220) this season. His winning percentage is currently the second-best mark in school history.
• The senior has been at his best in the Griffs’ three wins this season, claiming 73.0 percent of his faceoffs (46-of-63) in the three victories.
CANISIUS - DETROIT SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Titans are meeting for the fifth time with the schools splitting the first four contests.
• Last season, the team split a pair of games with Detroit earning a 17-12 win in Buffalo during the regular season and Canisius claiming victory in the MAAC Tournament, 12-10.
• The Titans won the only meeting between the two schools in Detroit, taking a 10-9 overtime contest in 2011.
ABOUT THE TITANS
• Detroit is 2-9 on the season and is tied with Canisius with a 2-3 MAAC record.
• The Titans have lost their last two contests, coming off a 14-9 defeat to Marquette on Saturday.
• Alex Maini leads the team with 29 points on 20 goals and nine assists. Mike Birney is right behind with 27 points, matching Maini with 20 goals to go along with seven assists.
• A.J. Levell has started 8-of-11 games in net for the Titans, posting a 10.19 goals against average and .524 save percentage.
• Damien Hicks has led the team at the faceoff X, winning 53.3 percent of his restarts.