The Rhody Invitational at a Glance
Dates: April 6-7, 2013
Course: Green Valley Country Club - Portsmouth, R.I.
Course Info: Par 71; 6,830 Yards
The Field: AIC, Bryant, Canisius, Delaware, Fordham, Holy Cross, La Salle, Providence, Rhode Island
GOLF TEAM TRAVELS TO RHODE ISLAND FOR THE WEEKEND
- The Canisius College golf team will close out their spring break trip April 6-7 when the team plays at the Rhody Invitational, hosted by the University of Rhode Island.
- The Golden Griffins are coming off a 12th place finish at the Whiting-Turner Towson Invitational March 31-April 2. As a team, Canisius improved 10 spots on the leaderboard over rounds two and three.
- Nine teams will be in the field, with this event being played at the Green Valley Country Club in Portsmouth, R.I.
- Canisius is the only MAAC school in this field. Tee times for both Saturday and Sunday are set for 11 a.m.
A LOOK BACK AT LAST WEEK
- Canisius freshman Andrew Romano finished tied for 30th in the field of more than 120 golfers at the The Whiting-Turner Towson Invitational after he posted a 54-hole score of 233. Romano's second round score of even-par 72 is a career low.
- As a team, the Griffs jumped 10 spots from round one to round three, where the Blue and Gold ended up 12th in a field of 24 teams.
- This year marked the 15th year of the Whiting-Turner Towson Invitational and it was the second-straight year where Canisius took part in the event.