• Sunday's game will mark the final home game for six members of the Canisius College program.
• Ian Buzzio, Gavin Falconer, Kareem Gray, Jared Ott, Regan Steele and Sam Zarka will all be appearing in their final game at the Demske Sports Complex.
• The six players have appeared in 287 games with 75 points, 26 goals, 23 assists and 154 saves during their careers at Canisius.
DeHOND MAKES EARLY SPLASH
• Sophomore Eric DeHond has taken the lead for Griffs' starting goalkeeper position and has not disappointed.
• Making his first two career starts last weekend against Marist and Siena, DeHond totaled 15 saves (on 18 shots on goal), earning his first victory at Canisius against the Red Foxes.
• In the win against the Red Foxes, DeHond totaled seven saves, including one on a penalty kick in the 79th minute to preserve the Canisius lead.
• DeHond is the first Griff goalkeeper to post a win in his first start since Matt Houghton accomplished the feat in a 1-0 victory against Maine on Aug. 31, 2003.
• The sophomore's 15 saves in his first two starts are also the most by a Griff since Adam Catley posted 21 against Connecticut and Robert Morris in 2007.
CANISIUS - IONA SERIES HISTORY
• In a series that dates back to the 1990 season, Iona holds a 15-6-3 advantage over the Griffs.
• The series has been much more competitive as of late, with Iona holding a slight 7-5-1 edge in the last 13 meetings.
• Last season, the Gaels used two different two-goal runs less than five minutes apart to earn a 4-1 victory in New Rochelle.
ABOUT THE GAELS
• Iona is currently 6-9-0 on the season and 4-1-0 in MAAC play.
• The Gaels scored a season-high six goal in their most recent contest, a 6-5 win against Rider.
• Iona is averaging 3.20 goals per game during conference play.
• Ansger Otto lead the Gaels with 16 points and six goals this season.
• Franklin Castellanos has posted a team-best five assists.
• Borja Barbero has played every minute in goal for Iona, posting a 2.06 goals against average and .659 save percentage.
CANISIUS - FAIRFIELD SERIES HISTORY
• The Stags own an 18-2-4 edge in the all-time series against the Griffs.
• Canisius, however, has enjoyed some success at home recently against Fairfield. Since the 2002 season, the Griffs are 2-1-2 against the Stags at the Demske Sports Complex.
• The Griffs earned their second-ever victory against Fairfield in the team's last meeting in Buffalo during the 2010 season. Kareem Gray recorded eight saves for his first career shutout in the 1-0 victory.
• Last season, the Stags rallied past the Griffs for a 2-1 victory, scoring in the 88th minute to send the game into overtime and adding a goal in the 109th minute.
ABOUT THE STAGS
• The defending conference champions, Fairfield enters the weekend with a 6-7-1 overall record and 2-3-0 mark in the MAAC.
• Reco McLaren leads the Stags with 14 points and seven goals this season, while Jordan Ayris ranks second on the team with 10 points (4g, 2a).
• Michael O'Keeffe has played all but four minutes for the Stags in net, posting a 1.11 goals against average and .795 save percentage.