The Seattle University men's tennis team continued its road trip through Utah, losing to Weber State Friday, 6-1.
Jason Bediones (Kent, Wash.) picked up the lone point for the Redhawks, splitting the first two sets with Dave Hintze at number four singles before winning a super-tiebreaker to decide the contest (6-7 (3), 7-6 (2), 1-0 (10-8)).
Kevin Lynch (Colorado Springs, Colo.) was able to force a third set in his match at number three singles, but Peter Ramstromer Pello was able to win the deciding set for the Wildcats (6-3, 4-6, 6-1). Bediones and Lynch teamed up at number two doubles, but fell to Anthony Trabert and Ramstromer Pello, 8-3, as Weber State swept the doubles sets from the Redhawks.
Seattle University (3-10) will finish the weekend swing with a match in Logan, Utah, against future WAC foe Utah State beginning at 2 p.m. local time (1 p.m. Pacific time).Weber State 6, Seattle University 1Friday, March 2, 2012 - Ogden, Utah
- Simon Unger/Oliver Good (WSU) def. Mark Shkrebtan/Simon Meske (SU): 8-2
- Anthony Trabert/Peter Ramstromer Pello (WSU) def. Jason Bediones/Kevin Lynch (SU): 8-3
- Dave Hintze/Scott Hintze (WSU) def. Kyle Rapp/Flavio Malagutti (SU): 8-2
- Simon Unger (WSU) def. Mark Shkrebtan (SU): 7-5, 6-2
- Oliver Good (WSU) def. Simon Meske (SU): 6-2, 7-6 (4)
- Peter Ramstromer Pello (WSU) def. Kevin Lynch (SU): 6-3, 4-6, 6-1
- Jason Bediones (SU) def. Dave Hintze (WSU): 6-7 (3), 7-6 (2), 1-0 (10-8)
- Caio Poitena (WSU) def. Kyle Rapp (SU): 6-3, 7-5
- Ryan Garner (WSU) def. Yusuke Kanehira (SU): 6-1, 7-5