- Kills: 16 (vs. Winthrop, 09/07/13)
- Attacks: 31 (vs. Northern Kentucky, 08/30/13)
- Hitting %: .323 (vs. Northern Kentucky, 08/30/13)
- Blocks: 9 (vs. Alabama, 09/20/13)
- Digs: 2 (twice, last at Florida State, 11/27/13)
- Started all 22 of the matches in which
she appeared, finishing the season with 161 kills, 85 blocks (0.98 per set),
and a .275 hitting percentage, the second-best average on the team (Missed 9 matches due to injury)
- 45.1% of her attacks went for kills,
the highest rate on the team.
- She had double-figure kills nine times,
and posted a career-best nine blocks against Alabama
- Her 2.42 points per set was the
third-best rate on the team.
- Named to Xavier Invitational All-Tournament Team
- reserve middle played in 11 matches with one start and a total of 18 sets
- Had 11 kills in 33 attacks on the season, hitting .242
- Excellent blocker with 17 total blocks in 18 sets, the 3rd-best average on the team
- Had career-high eight blocks at NC State
- Had three kills apiece against Georgia State and NC State
- Had six kills in11 attempts against Southern California
- Had five total blocks against Wake Forest
- Had a hitting percentage over .300 in seven matches
- Had 44 blocks for the season
- Attended Rock Hill High in Rock Hill, SC
- First signee from the state of S.C. since Lia Proctor in 2006
- Prepvolleyball.com Honorable Mention All-American (Top 250 players nationally)
- Lettered three years in volleyball and four in track and field
- 2010 Under Armour All-America watch list
- All-state track athlete in High Jump, triple jump, and shot put
- 2010 Team MaxPreps Player of the Year
- Three-time region champion
- 2010 Upper State Champion, state runner-up, 37-2 record.
- As a senior, recorded 367 kills and 113 blocks, including 27 kills int eh upper state championship
- Comes from a family with strong athletic lineage: Her father, Ken Watson played football at Maryland. Her brother, Benjamin, played football at Georgia and plays tight end for the New Orleans Saints after six years and two Super Bowl Championships with the Patriots. Her sister, Jessica, was a track and field athlete at Coastal Carolina until 2004, and her brother Asa is played tight end at NC State.
Hoover on Watson:"Karis is probably one of the best athletes that we have signed at Clemson," said Hoover. "She comes from quite an athletic family and has a tremendous amount of potential. She is a huge presence at the net blocking and can cover a lot of range. Along with her athleticism, she is a very smart player and a great teammate, she is going to be an exciting player to watch develop.