THE PROUD FIGHTING SIOUX TRADITION has put the University of North Dakota on the national stage and inspired people for generations. Fighting Sioux athletics is on a new stage now and we look to you to help catapult our 20 teams to success in Division I competition.
The greatest impact of UND's move to D-I is the need for immediate scholarships to level our playing fields and continue to recruit quality student-athletes who also excel academically, further shining light on this outstanding University.
By stepping onto the field with us, you uphold the value top notch student-athletes have as leaders within our University. Your direct scholarship support, which can be designated to a specific sport, will have an immediate and profound infl uence on their personal, academic and professional lives. It will elevate UND on the national stage.
Your Impact Scholarship can be fully or partially funded for five years, ensuring a student athlete's full tuition, room and board is taken care of so he or she can study at, play for and nationally represent the University of North Dakota.
A five-year commitment will ensure UND Fighting Sioux Athletics has necessary funding during it's D-I transition to confidently recruit the brightest, most talented athletes and continue offering competitive scholarship packages, comparable to those being offered by our Division I competitors.
Committed to Success
Our more than 400 student-athletes are committed to success in the classroom, in athletic competition and in the community.
- Student-athletes net a cumulative GPA of 3.1.
- More than 10% of student-athletes carry a 4.0 GPA.
- More than 15 Academic All-Americans in recent years.
- As athletes, our students have represented UND in more than 90 postseason competitions.
- 11 national titles
- 70 conference titles
- In addition to countless hours in practice, in competition, in class, and in study rooms, our student-athletes remain committed to giving back to their community, volunteering more than 6,400 hours in 2009-2010.
Join the Team
Student-athletes work hard on their fi elds of play and in their classrooms to represent UND in the most positive way. They deserve your support.
- Full Scholarship - $15,00/year x 5 = $75,000
- Partial Scholarship - $7,500/year x 5 = $37,500
- Supporting Contribution - $1,000-$7,000 x 5 = $5,000-$35,000
- Annual gifts less than $1,000 are welcome and will be pooled with other similar gifts to support Impact Scholarships.
With a five-year pledge of $25,000+ you:
- can name your scholarship,
- will meet your student-athlete at an exclusive donor social,
- will be recognized on the Ralph Engelstad Arena Legacy Wall and in UND athletics game programs.
With gifts of all amounts you:
- have the pride and satisfaction of impacting a UND student-athletes' life,
- receive Fighting Sioux Club Priority Points (must be an FSC member),
- may qualify for new or increased membership in the UND Foundation Eternal Flame Society.
Funding Your Gift
Cash - This is the simplest was to fund an Impact Scholarship. Cash gifts can be pledged for up to five years. You can determine a payment schedule that best fits your budget. Download donation form.
Stocks - Funding an Impact Scholarship with appreciated stock may be a tax-wise method, too.
Matching Gifts - Check with your employer to see if they have a matching gift program, which could double or even triple the impact of your commitment to Fighting Sioux athletics.
Find out more information about Impact Scholarships, or we can contact you for more information. Contact Josh Morton (701-777-4216, email@example.com) or Steve Brekke (701-777-6426, firstname.lastname@example.org).