GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG men's tennis closes out the fall season this weekend in Wilmington, attending the Seahawk-hosted UNCW Team Invite. In addition to facing the six-time CAA champions, the Spartans will also matchup with George Washington and Morgan State during their time at the beach. The festivities will kickoff with doubles play against the hosts on Friday at 10 a.m., followed by singles play in the afternoon against Morgan State.
Where: Wilmington, N.C. | UNCW Tennis Courts
• This weekend will be UNCG's first trip to Wilmington since participating in the 'Battle of the Beach' in the 2018 spring season, where the side took a 4-1 loss to the Seahawks and defeated Bryant by a final of 4-3
• Junior Ollie Palmer tallied a pair of singles wins at last week's Furman Fall Duals, in addition to a doubles win against Winthrop
• Between singles and doubles play in Greenville, five different Spartans collected three wins at Furman Fall Duals
• Roger Rogowski reached as far as round three of the singles draw at ITA Carolina Regionals, recording back-to-back straight-set victories over athletes from Coastal Carolina and Charlotte
• Hugh Knapp won four singles matches in the Carolina Regional consolation bracket, and was one of the final four athletes among the field still standing after day three of competition
• UNCW has reached the NCAA tournament in two of the past three seasons, while the pairing of Daniel Groom and Bruno Caula reached as far as the quarterfinals of this season's ITA Carolina Regional doubles draw
• One of the top programs in the MEAC, Morgan State has not lost a regular season conference competition since 2011, and is coming off an NCAA Tournament berth just this past spring
COMING UP NEXT
With the fall season in the books, the Spartans will remain idle until February, kicking off their spring campaign with a home competition against Big South opponent Winthrop on the 9th.
-- UNCG –