GREENSBORO, N.C. - UNCG women's soccer will be looking for back-to-back wins this week after delivering a six-goal effort against Gardner-Webb this past Sunday. The Spartans will be facing an Elon squad off to one of its best starts in the past four years, yet have not dropped a decision to the Phoenix since 2011.
• UNCG is 18-1-3 against the Phoenix all-time, and are currently on a five-match unbeaten streak against the side, dating back to 2011
• The Spartans drew with Elon 0-0 in their previous meeting, with goalkeeper Aiyanah Tyler-Cooper securing the 110 minute, seven-save clean sheet
• The Spartan offense exploded for six goals against Gardner-Webb last week, collecting their largest margin of victory since 2012
• All six of UNCG's goals against GWU came from different scorers, with the Spartans combining for 21 shot attempts overall
• 15 of the Spartans' 21 shots were on frame, while the UNCG defense held the Bulldogs without a single shot on target throughout
• Senior Cienna Rideout and junior Sophie Stewart-Hobbs each tallied three points against GWU, assisting on one another's first goals of the year
• Senior forward Grace Regal put a cap on UNCG's scoring with a penalty in the 87th minute, the fifth tally of her career and the first PK for the Spartans in 2019
• Elon (6-1-1) is off to their best start in the past four years after defeating Hampton last week, scoring a Division I program record eight goals in a shutout win over the Pirates
• With their eight goals against HU, the Phoenix now rank 13th in all of Division I women's soccer in terms of total scoring (21)
COMING UP NEXT
The Spartans will stay at home for their three matches following the matchup against Elon, with the East Carolina Pirates the next challenge to come to town. ECU currently leads the all-time series between the two clubs at 3-2, winning the pair's last matchup 1-0 in 2016.
-- UNCG –