SAINT JOSEPH’S HAWKS (11-12, 6-5 A-10)
at DUQUESNE DUKES (20-4, 10-1 A-10)
February 10, 2018 • 2:30 p.m.
A.J. Palumbo Center • Pittsburgh, pa.
PROBABLE HAWK STARTERS
F - Adashia Franklyn (Sr.) – 10.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg
F - Amanda Fioravanti (Grad.) – 10.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg
G/F - Sarah Veilleux (Jr.) – 13.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg
G - Kristalyn Baisden (Jr.) – 5.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg
G - Alyssa Monaghan (Jr.) – 10.7 ppg, 4.2 apg
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Saint Joseph's begins a two-game road swing starting Saturday at Duquesne.
• Saturday’s matchup is the second this season between the Hawks and the Dukes. Duquesne won the first game, 61-42, on January 24 at Hagan Arena.
• Senior guard/forward Chelsea Woods returned to the lineup after missing five games and scored a game-high 20 points versus the Rams.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Hawks are coming off a 64-46 win over Rhode Island on Wednesday, snapping their two-game losing streak.
• Saint Joseph’s was held without a three-point field goal by Rhode Island (0-for-10), marking the second time this season - and first since Villanova (0-for-5) - the Hawks failed to connect from behind the arc.
• SJU shot 44.1 percent from the field (26-for-59) versus Rhode Island, but shot 53 percent on its two-point attempts and scored 44 of its 64 points in the paint.
• Senior forward Adashia Franklyn posted her team-leading seventh double-double versus Rhode Island, finishing with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
SJU VERSUS DUQUESNE
• Sunday marks the 52nd meeting between Saint Joseph’s and Duquesne, and the second this year.
• The Hawks hold an 42-9 edge in the all-time series.
• Duquesne has won two straight, its longest win streak versus the Hawks.
• Saint Joseph’s is 14-7 all-time at Duquesne, but has lost two straight at the A.J. Palumbo center and three of the last five.
• SJU head coach Cindy Griffin is 15-6 all-time versus Duquesne
• February 14, 2018 at Davidson. The Hawks cap a two-game road swing at Davidson on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Receive all of the latest news and info on SJU women's basketball with Hawk E-News – SIGN UP