Sooners Take Down Texas Tech, 79-61
|Points||Whilby - 21||Pierre-Louis - 19|
|Rebounds||Two Players - 9||Pierre-Louis - 12|
|Assists||Hayden - 4||Ortiz - 4|
|Steals||Sanders - 2||Two Players - 4|
|Blocks||Brewer - 2||Pierre-Louis - 6|
NORMAN – Senior center Vionise Pierre-Louis picked up her third straight double-double, freshman guard Ana Llanusa scored 17 points and graduate student guard Maddie Manning added 16 as the Sooners defeated Texas Tech, 79-61, inside Lloyd Noble Center Saturday.
The Sooners (16-12, 11-6 Big 12) led the entire way and jumped out to a 24-4 lead after the first quarter to earn their fourth straight win and 15th consecutive victory over Texas Tech (7-21, 1-16 Big 12).
Pierre-Louis led OU with 19 points and 12 rebounds, while recording a season-high six blocks and career-high four steals. The senior became the first Sooner to record double-doubles in three straight games since Kaylon Williams in 2015. The Lake Worth, Fla., native finished 5-of-10 from the field and 9-of-11 at the foul line.
Llanusa scored 14 of her 17 points in the first half and finished 6-of-15 from the field with a pair of treys. The freshman also added six rebounds and tied her career high with three steals.
Manning finished with 16 points and four steals against the Lady Raiders. The Ankeny, Iowa, native has scored 10-plus points in six straight games for the Sooners.
Ijeoma Odimgbe tied her career high with nine rebounds and scored six points off the bench.
After jumping out to a 23-point lead at the half, Texas Tech slowly trimmed OU's advantage down in the second half. Manning sealed the game with a corner 3-pointer in transition to end Texas Tech's late charge in the fourth quarter. LaNesia Williams knocked down a pair of 3-pointers late in the fourth quarter to help the Sooners extend their advantage late.
OU shot .391 from the field, .231 from beyond the arc and .792 at the foul line. Texas Tech posted a .417 shooting percentage from the field and .462 from deep.
The Sooners recorded eight blocks, 16 steals and scored 28 points off of 24 Texas Tech turnovers. OU also posted 36 points in the paint and scored 16 second chance points as all nine Sooners scored in the win.
Lyndsey Whilby led all scorers with 21 points off the bench for the Lady Raiders, finishing 7-of-12 from the field with five 3-pointers. Jada Terry recorded 14 points and six rebounds for Texas Tech.
The Sooners close their Big 12 slate on Tuesday at No. 6 Texas with tip-off set for 6 p.m. CT from Austin, Texas. The game will be televised on Fox Sports 1.
NOTES & NUGGETS
• The Sooners earned their 15th straight win over Texas Tech, its longest active winning streak against a Division I opponent.
• Vionise Pierre-Louis picked up her third double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds (has six double-doubles in the last 10 contests).
• Pierre-Louis also set a season high with six blocks and a career high four blocks.
• Maddie Manning's 19 field goal attempts and 10 3-point attempts set career highs.
• Manning moved into 28th place on OU's all-time career scoring list with 1,185 points.
• Gabbi Ortiz moved into sixth place all-time at OU with 380 career assists passing LaNeisha Caufield (1999-02, 377).
• With the win, OU clinched at least a share of third place in the Big 12 standings.