The two main goals of every quality strength and conditioning program are:
1. Improve athletic performance
2. Reduce the potential for injury
We accomplish these two goals by:
1. Using up to date methods of training supported by research and practice including:
2. Focusing on movements instead of muscle groups.
3. Emphasizing full Range of Motion in movements rather than the amount of weight being lifted.
4. Correcting muscular imbalances.
5. Improving efficiency of movements.
6. Developing base levels of strength and fitness before progressing the athletes.
7. Utilizing proper warm-up and cool down.
Internships are available during the fall semester, spring semester and summer months. Please send a cover letter and reasume to:
Marist Athletics Department
3399 North Rd
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601