Opened in 1876 as Texas' first public institution of higher learning, Texas A&M University is a research-intensive flagship university with close to 50,000 students -- including 9,500 graduate students -- studying in more than 120 undergraduate and 240 graduate degree programs in ten colleges. Students can join any of 800 student organizations and countless activities ranging from athletics and recreation to professional and community service events.
But there's more than just numbers that make up the Aggie experience. There's access to world-class research programs and award-winning faculty. There are opportunities to learn in and out of the classroom whether through technology or through one of our branch campuses or international study centers.
Visiting the campus of Texas A&M University is a memorable experience. From the minute you arrive on campus until you leave, you will be surrounded with the welcoming spirit of Aggieland. You will leave wondering why it took you so long to get here and wanting to come back real soon.
Prospective students and their families, new faculty and staff, tourists, visitors and groups of all ages, can select from a variety of options during the campus visit:
- Academic Appointment: Meet with faculty or advisers from one of our ten academic colleges to learn about majors and our world-class academic programs.
- Campus Walking Tour: Journey through main campus on our 75-minute campus walking tour, which is the heart of every campus visit. You will receive an overview of academics, history, traditions, athletics and campus life at Texas A&M. All tours are led by current students and begin at the Appelt Aggieland Visitor Center.
- Residence Hall Tour: Visit three of our most popular residence hall building styles.
- Prospective Student Session: Review the admissions and financial aid processes during presentations led by admissions representatives.
- Corps of Cadets Session: Learn about our oldest and best known student organizations, as representatives share information on the nation’s largest uniformed student organization.
For complete information, visit visit.tamu.eduOther Tours Available on Campus