BILLIKENS TAKE ON LA SALLE IN A-10 SEMIFINALS
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 8,
WHERE: Robert R. Hermann Stadium • St. Louis, Mo.
RECORDS: SLU 15-3-2, 9-0-1 A-10; LAS 11-7-1, 6-4 A-10
SLU-LAS SERIES: SLU leads 3-2-3
LAST MEETING: at SLU 4, LAS 1 (Oct. 13) RECAP
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: at SLU 5, Duquesne 0 (Nov. 2) RECAP
EXPLORERS’ LAST GAME: at La Salle 1, Dayton 0 (Nov. 2) RECAP
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
TICKETS: Ticketmaster (use promo code SOCCER)
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: vs. TBA, A-10 Championship Final • Sunday, Nov. 10 • Noon CST • Hermann Stadium
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Regular-season champion and No. 1 seed Saint Louis looks to take the next step toward a second consecutive A-10 Championship title Friday, Nov. 8, in a semifinal game against No. 4 seed La Salle. Kickoff at Robert R. Hermann Stadium is set for 1 p.m.
• The Billikens defeated the Explorers 4-1 Oct. 13 at Hermann Stadium. Alyssa Seitzer broke a scoreless tie in the 54th minute and made it 2-0 in the 65th minute. Abbie Miller and Sydney Walker added late goals, both assisted by Emily Groark. SLU out-shot La Salle 24-3 overall and 16-4 in shots on goal.
• SLU leads the series 3-2-3.
• The Bills are making their 10th A-10 Championship appearance. They are 10-5-1 in A-10 tourney play, including a 5-0 win over Duquesne in a quarterfinal game Nov. 2. It was the largest margin of victory in a league tournament game in SLU women's soccer history.
• La Salle reached the semifinals by edging Dayton 1-0.
• Saint Louis' top two scorers have caught fire at the right time. Hannah Friedrich has nine points (3G, 3A) over the last three games, while Courtney Reimer has three goals over the last two contests.
• SLU is 12-0-2 in its last 14 games, tying the school record for longest unbeaten streak set last season. The Billikens have allowed just four goals during their current streak.
• The Billikens are 35-1-5 in their last 41 games at Hermann Stadium, a stretch that dates to the final home game of the 2015 campaign.
• Saint Louis has a 24-game unbeaten streak vs. A-10 opponents.
• The Billikens remained at No. 45, highest among A-10 teams, in this week's NCAA RPI. SLU has played three teams in the RPI top 40 – Oklahoma State (No. 10), Louisville (No. 26) and Notre Dame (No. 38).
• A deep, balanced SLU team has seen 29 different player combinations account for its 32 assisted goals this season. Fourteen Billikens have scored at least one goal, and 17 have tallied at least one point.
• SLU has impressive advantages over its opponents in goals (41-9), shots (320-152), shots on goal (147-67) and corner kicks (127-51).
• Saint Louis leads the A-10 in goals against average (0.45), save percentage (.866), shutouts (12) and corner kicks (127). In A-10 games only, the Billikens topped the league in goals per game (2.70), GAA (0.40), shutouts (six) and corner kicks (74, while allowing only 15).
• Mary Niehaus tops the A-10 in GAA (0.28), save percentage (.914) and shutouts (10).
• Hannah Friedrich leads the league in game-winning goals (school-record seven) and is fifth in shots per game (3.05), sixth in goals per game (0.50) and points per game (1.20), and ninth in shots on goal per game (1.35).
• Emily Groark and Evie Lavelle are sixth (0.31) and seventh (0.30), respectively, in assists per game.
• Courtney Reimer is 10th in goals per game (0.30).
• Annabelle Copeland, Anna Lawler and Alyssa Seitzer are tied for seventh in game-winning goals (two).
• This marks the third time Saint Louis has hosted the A-10 Championship. The Billikens won the tournament on their home field in 2006 and fell in the semifinals in 2008.
A LOOK AT THE EXPLORERS
• La Salle is No. 72 in this week’s RPI, ranking second among A-10 teams.
• The Explorers placed fourth in the A-10 -- up five spots from last year -- after being picked to finish eighth in the coaches' preseason poll.
• La Salle has won four of five since falling to the Billikens in the regular-season meeting.
• Redshirt-senior forward Maci Bower leads the Explorers in goals (10) and points (21).
• Junior forward Amirah Louketis has 12 points (5G, 2A).
• La Salle has four A-10 regular-season titles and three A-10 Championship crowns since 2011.