The University of New Mexico's Mission Statement
The mission of the University of New Mexico is to serve as New Mexico's flagship institution of higher learning through demonstrated and growing excellence in teaching, research, patient care and community service.
UNM's ongoing commitment to these cornerstones of purpose serves to:
Educate and encourage students to develop the values, habits of mind, knowledge and skills that they need to be enlightened citizens, contribute to the state and national economies, and lead satisfying lives.
Discover and disseminate new knowledge and creative endeavors that will enhance the overall well-being of society.
Deliver hearth care of the highest quality to all who depend on us to keep them healthy or restore them to wellness.
Actively support social, cultural and economic development in our communities to enhance the quality of life for all New Mexicans.
Mission of UNM Athletics
University of New Mexico athletics is committed to student athlete success and competitive excellence by creating an inclusive environment, through recruiting, developing, and retaining quality people, providing a great fan experience, inspiring community engagement, and serving as a source of pride for New Mexico.
UNM athletics aspires to be the premier institution in the Mountain West Conference and recognized as a national leader in intercollegiate athletics with an international reputation for excellence.
• Student Athlete Experience - We provide an environment that promotes personal, academic, athletic, and social development. We prepare Lobos for Life!
• Integrity - We are honest, respectful, and accountable.
• Excellence - We maximize our efforts and talents to ensure success of the Lobos.
• Respect - We value the importance of diversity, fairness, goodwill and sportsmanship.
• Lobo Pride - We support an atmosphere that embraces school spirit, honors tradition, and develops Lobos for Life!