HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – The West Georgia Wolves got a much needed three points on Friday night, defeating Alabama Huntsville on the road, 2-1 in Gulf South Conference play.
How It Happened
- UWG got on the board in the 13th minute as Sadie Prince scored her team-leading third goal of the year, putting West Georgia up, 1-0.
- That’s how the teams went into the halftime break, and how it would stay for the majority of the contest until UAH tied things up with a Brynn Colvin goal in the 67th minute.
- Junior Alyssa Turner provided the game-winner as her 74th minute goal was enough for the Wolves to capture their second GSC win of the season and their fourth overall. Hillary Resendiz picked up the assist on the goal.
- Jackie Donaldson was solid in goal for the Wolves, making five saves on the night.
Beyond the Box Score
- It’s the seventh straight win over UAH for West Georgia soccer. The last UAH win came in Carrollton in 2012.
- Prince now has three goals on the year which leads the team and gives her a team-high six points.
- It was the first UWG career goal for Alyssa Turner, now giving West Georgia eight different goal scorers on the year.
- Resendiz is now tied with Tyler Buford for the team lead with assists with two.
- The win improves West Georgia to 4-3-1 overall and 2-1 in Gulf South Conference play.
- Alabama Huntsville is now 2-5-1 on the year and off to an 0-3 start in league play.
West Georgia now travels to Livingston, Alabama for a Sunday showdown with West Alabama at Tiger Stadium. Kickoff for that game is set for 2 p.m.