Updates and Reminders for Tailgating at the Fargodome
Release: September 17, 2012
The parking lots at the FARGODOME open five hours prior to kick off for NDSU Bison football games, with reserved parking lots opening one half hour prior to all other lots. As the Sept. 22 Bison football game against Prairie View A&M is rapidly approaching, the FARGODOME encourages those who plan on tailgating to please use the following guidelines when arriving:
- Lot G parking spaces will be sold using the following method: A single car may purchase a maximum of two spots; a vehicle pulling a trailer may purchase a maximum of four spots. Larger vehicles may purchase double the spots of the size of the vehicle. Basically stated, you may purchase twice the amount of spots your vehicle(s) take up. The FARGODOMEparking attendants have the final authority to determine the appropriate number of spaces for the vehicles you arrive in. At no time will any vehicles be allowed to purchase more than a total of 10 parking spaces, unless prior arrangements have been made with FARGODOME Management.
- Tailgating on public roadways is prohibited, i.e. no cooking or alcohol consumption. Motorists are encouraged to remain in their vehicles while waiting to enter the parking lots.
- Tailgaters must remain with their vehicles while they are in line on public roadways; unattended vehicles are subject to tow.
- Alcohol consumption in any other parking lots other than E/F/G is prohibited and violators will be ticketed.
- Lot G is general admission, there are no "saving of spots" permitted. If you intend to tailgate as a group you must arrive with that group. Running out in the parking lot prior to opening to save spots with lawn chairs or any other equipment is not permitted.
- Lot G parking is for tailgating vehicles, if you intend to join a group and are driving a single vehicle it's encouraged that you park in another parking lot (FARGODOME parking lots B or C, or another off- site parking lot) and walk to Lot G. Pre-purchasing a parking ticket will not gain you access to Lot G once that parking lot is FULL.
Tailgating at the FARGODOME for an NDSU Bison football game has become a tradition for many. FARGODOME and NDSU staff would like to preserve the tailgating atmosphere and make it an enjoyable experience for all. Please visit Fargodome.com/directions.php for all parking and tailgating questions or call 701-241-9100.
FARGODOME - Rob Sobolik, 701-241-9100
Fargo Police Department - Lt. Joel Vettel, 701-241-1437
NDSU Athletic Department - Troy Goergen, 701-231-7811