CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Each Wednesday during the women’s soccer season, Charlotte49ers.com will feature a short Q&A with one of the 12 newcomers on the 49ers’ roster. This week’s student-athlete is Abby Coffey.
1. Why did you come to Charlotte?
The opportunity to continue my soccer career and get a degree at a great school.
2. What do you love most about game days?
Pregaming with the team and playing the game I love.
3. If you could eat dinner with anyone in history, who would it be?
4. What is one food item you refuse to eat?
Kale – gross!
5. What do you do to relax?
To relax I listen to Jack Johnson and go to sleep
6. When you were in kindergarten, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7. If you could pick one place for vacation, where it would it be and why?
Spain because I love the culture and the people there.
8. What’s the one song on your iPod you keep listening to over and over?
Planes by Jeremih feature J. Cole
9. Who was the biggest influence thus far in your soccer career?
10. When you first stepped foot on campus here, what was your initial reaction?
The campus was beautiful and I felt at home.
11. What would constitute a perfect day in your opinion?
Laying on the beach with friends
12. What about college life excites you the most? What scares you the most?
I am most excited about my new independence and freedom but scared of the freshman 15.