/fls/1900/site_graphics/siteBackgrounds/home/File Not Found
NMSU Tennis Center
Courtesy: New Mexico State University  
Release:  01/04/2008

The NMSU Tennis Center first opened on Nov. 21, 1987. It featured 20 courts including two stadium courts and an office building equipped with locker rooms. Over the years the facility gave way to the rigors of normal wear and team and was torn down.

The new state-of-the-art NMSU Tennis Center opened for the 2006 spring dual match season and was relocated to its current position just south of Aggie Memorial Stadium. It features 12 post-tension concrete tennis courts with the best lighting system for any facility in the Southwest. The post-tension concrete courts are the finest hard courts in the world.

In the spring of 2007, construction began on the new clubhouse for the NMSU Tennis Center and it was completed in early July of the same year. This new 3,000 square foot clubhouse features a classroom, player lounge, locker rooms and offices. The classroom is equipped with desks and computers with internet connections for the student-athletes. The player lounge is an area where the Aggies can relax before and after practices and matches and it is equipped with a refrigerator and kitchen sink.

On Apr. 24-27, 2008, New Mexico State University and its tennis center was able to show of its magnificent facility to the rest of the Western Athletic Conference, as the NMSU Tennis Center played host to the 2008 WAC Championships. The facility has also hosted the yearly Aggie Fall Invitational.

Since the opening of the new tennis center the women’s team has gone 18-13 (.581) while the men’s team has posted an 18-6 (.750) in dual matches at its home facility.

The tennis center serves not only the Aggie tennis teams, but the NMSU students, faculty members, and the general public.


‹ New Mexico State Men's Tennis

Gear Up For Summer

Photo Galleries