Game Notes at Oral Roberts:
- Kansas City Men's Soccer travels to Oral Roberts in Tulsa, Okla., for a Labor Day match-up at 6 p.m.
- Last match against Missouri State was canceled. This match will mark the opening game for the 2019 season. The Roos are 7-23-2 in season opening matches.
- Kansas City comes into 2019-20 following a 5-12-0 (4-7) campaign in 2018-19.
- The 2019 campaign brings a brand new squad, with only eight returning players, 16 freshman and one transfer.
- Kansas City currently holds a 13-11-4 advantage all-time against Oral Roberts. The teams first met on October 15, 1988; a 3-0 victory for Oral Roberts. The most recent meeting was on August 31, 2018 in Kansas City, which the Roos won 2-1 in 2OT.
- The Roos have not lost to Oral Roberts in the last 10 years (4-0-3). The last loss to the Golden eagles was on October 27, 2007.
- Oral Roberts is a member of the Summit League. The Roos will be switching to the Summit League next season from the WAC. So, Oral Roberts will be a conference matchup starting next season.
- The Roos have undergone rebranding efforts! Along with the new logo and website, we should now be referred to as Kansas City/KC or Roos, not UMKC.
- Oral Roberts defeated Drake 3-0 on Friday, Aug. 30 at home to start the season 1-0-0.