- To support each student-athlete's effort to receive a quality education,
- To encourage and facilitate the goals for each student-athlete's career path,
- To ensure that the academic integrity of UTC is maintained,
- To comply with all rules and regulations of UTC, the Southern Conference and the NCAA, and
- To help ensure the continuing athletic eligibility during a student-athlete's years at UTC.
The Mocs' office of Student Support Services received full certification from the National Association of Academic Advisors for Athletics (N4A) fall 2012. The certification is the first in the Southern Conference, and just one of 21 schools across the nation, to earn accreditation from the national organization.
The Office of Student Support Services manages a computer lab for the student-athletes' use as well as several study halls and classrooms. For further information please contact Dr. Blackman at Emily-Blackman@utc.edu.