ORU Athletics Mission Statement
"The mission of the Athletic Department is to provide a competitive intercollegiate athletic program consistent with the NCAA rules and regulations, to further the mission of the University, to serve the needs of the student athletes, and to prepare student athletes for life after athletics. Oral Roberts University is committed to providing opportunities for minority and female students to enrich their collegiate experience through athletic participation. The Athletic Department strives to instill in its student athletes an appreciation for hard work, pride in accomplishment, and a commitment to the historic Christian faith which will be utilized throughout the student athlete's life."
Objectives To accomplish this mission and purpose, the Athletic Department will strive to:
1. Create an atmosphere in which a student athlete can be competitive both academically and athletically.
2. Assist the University in developing the spiritual qualities upon which the institution was founded.
3. Develop group loyalty, self-esteem, and pride of accomplishment that will assist the student-athlete to be successful upon graduation.
4. Field teams in all 16 sports that offer competitive opportunities of championship caliber that will serve as a ministry of the University.
5. Provide equity for female and male student athletes through the finest athletic facilities, equipment, and coaching instruction possible within the financial means of the University.
6. Adhere to the literal meaning and spirit of the regulations set forth by the National Collegiate Athletic Association.