Mississippi State Athletics
Below are the vision, mission and three principles that define Mississippi State Athletics as we move forward. The entire MSU Athletics staff strives to adhere to these principles each day and is dedicated to achieving what is best for our university and our student-athletes.
Provide a great experience for our students, alumni, fans, coaches and staff. Achieve long-term, consistent success and compete for championships.
The Mississippi State Athletics Department is relentlessly committed to the welfare and academic success of our student athletes; to following the rules of the University, NCAA and SEC; to providing a great experience for our student athletes and fans; to promoting diversity with our student athletes and staff; to building and maintaining facilities for our student athletes and staff: and to competing for championships.
Three Defining Principles
I. Focus on the Student-Athlete
1. Provide our student-athletes with a great experience, allowing them opportunities to succeed academically, athletically and socially.
2. Develop and maintain first-class facilities for our student-athletes.
3. Provide leadership and guidance to our student-athletes to prepare them for life after graduation.
II. Possess Great Integrity
1. Follow the rules of the University, NCAA and SEC.
2. Promote diversity and inclusion with our student-athletes, staff and fans, and treat each other with respect.
3. Maximize revenues, control expenses and operate with sound fiscal management.
III. Aggressively Promote Mississippi State
1. Promote and market the University, the Athletic Department and the State of Mississippi.
2. Provide a great experience for our fans.
3. Develop and maintain first-class facilities for our fans.
MSU Athletics Diversity Statement
The Department of Athletics supports the University’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals. MSU Athletics is also committed to attract the most qualified candidates and workforce by conducting searches that identify diversity in skills, talents, ethnic, gender, veteran status and individuals with disabilities.