James Madison University Baseball and Softball reside in Veterans Memorial Park, located adjacent to Memorial Hall at the intersection of Cantrell Avenue and South High Street. The complex, which opened in March of 2010, holds separate venues for both sports a seating capacity of 1,200 for baseball and 500 for softball. Both venues feature a top-of-the-line playing surface, comfortable spectator seating, spacious press boxes, restrooms, a merchandise area and concessions. The baseball playing surface, consisting of artificial turf, was dedicated as Eagle Field in April of 2010. A monument at the entrance to the facility was dedicated on Veterans Day weekend during the fall of 2009 and honors all Harrisonburg and Rockingham County residents who were casualties of war. Memorial Hall houses offices for both programs as well as locker rooms, team rooms, weight rooms, a sports medicine area, batting cages and additional indoor practice space.
Sports played at this facility: Baseball, Softball
GPS Coordinates: 38.44585, -78.87799
Directions from the north and south:
- Interstate 81 to Exit 247-B
- Head West on Route 33/East Market Street
- At the stoplight, turn left onto Cantrell Avenue.
- Proceed on Cantrell Avenue for 1 ½ miles
- After crossing South Main Street and a bridge, stay straight through stoplight at South High Street (Va. Route 42)
- Softball is the first field on the right upon entering the parking lot
- Baseball is beyond the softball field on the right
NOTE: Parking in all commuter lots is limited to students during normal hours but will be open to the public during all baseball and softball home contests. The access road next to Eagle Field between Memorial Hall and Water Street is not open to traffic.
Spectator parking: Lots C-8 and R9 serve as the primary lots for baseball and softball. Additional parking is available in C7, C13, C15, and C16. Officials parking is available in Lot Z.