Coordinator - Creative Services
The Coordinator – Creative Services will work under the direction of the Director – Digital Content & Strategy to design, produce and distribute creative content to support Big 12 schools and build the Big 12 brand. The Coordinator will produce timely, creative and engaging content on a daily basis to distribute across all Big 12 platforms, including online, mobile, social, traditional communications, and other platforms. Coordinator is also responsible for supporting the maintenance of the Big 12 content library and Big 12 website.
Ongoing, beginning immediately.
The successful candidate will report to the Director – Digital Content & Strategy. Duties include:
- Executing designs for digital projects, including websites, social media, emails, banner ads, presentations, sales materials, as well as corporate marketing and promotional materials.
- Creating visually compelling creative content leveraging photos, graphics, and video.
- Supporting all creative content phases: preproduction; story boarding; production; post production; and distribution.
- Supporting Director – Digital Content & Strategy to create content that meet Big 12 Conference business needs.
- Conceptualizing new ideas to create original digital content and re-packaging content highlights from Big 12 member schools and media partners.
- Serving as the primary digital design contact while working with Conference staff, member schools and media partners, as needed.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer/developers, printers and colleagues as necessary.
- Supporting the maintenance of the Big 12 content library and Big 12 website.
- Contributing to communications activities and team, as necessary.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have 2 – 4 years of relevant digital art production and design experience and proven ability to ensure the quality of work throughout all phases of every project. Candidates also should have a strong working knowledge of digital design and production processes, including proven skills using photography, graphic editing software. Proficiency with video editing tools and web design is preferred. Candidate will work with tools, such as:
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, lnDesign, Acrobat Pro.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML, HTML 5 and CSS is a plus.
- Experience in working under corporate brand guidelines.
- Proven eye in visual composition.
- Print production experience.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
An aptitude and passion for college sports is preferred as a successful candidate must be able to produce content that reflect a unique insight and access into Big 12 programs. Previous professional experience in sports-related creative design and production is desired.
Applicants must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to produce a high volume of assignments using strong organizational skills is required. Candidates will have excellent problem-solving, time management and creative thinking skills and will be expected to take direction and initiative, acting in accordance with the core values of the Big 12 Conference.
Some travel is required, as is weekend work.
For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by June 28, 2019 to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, Texas 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit Big12Sports.com.