2015 Camps

Springdale Golf Club

By: Princeton Athletic Communications
          Release: 06/18/2006
Print RSS

Springdale Golf Club

In the fall of 1895, the Princeton Golf Club (now Springdale Golf Club) was formed by alumni, faculty and undergraduates of Princeton University. A nine-hole course was laid out in a large field known as "Stockton Woods" to the west of the old race track at the lower end of Bayard Lane.

Golf was first played there in 1896, and the first tournament was held a year later. Work was started on a new nine-hole course that opened for play in March 1902. The old course on "Stockton Woods" was then abandoned, and the existing 18-hole course was opened on June 1, 1915.

In the summer of 1922, the name of the club was changed to the Springdale Golf Club, with all responsibility for its operation borne by the members of the club and not the University.

The course is 6,380 yards from the championship (blue) tees and 6,017 yards from the men's (white) tees, with par at 71 for each. From the women's (red) tees the course is 5,655 yards and is a par 72. In the past few years, the course has seen renovations to the green-side and fairway bunkers. The entire driving range was upgraded in 1997. These renovations have improved the teams' practice capabilities.

In August 2007, Springdale saw its clubhouse move from one end of the course to the other with the opening of a beautiful new facility with a pro shop, locker rooms and dining area.








Hyatt New
Nissan Schedule
> Full Schedule and Results
No Events in the Near Future