Volleyball to face Lafayette, Bucknell
Holy Cross (3-15, 0-4 PL)
at Lafayette (11-8, 0-3 PL) &
Bucknell (12-4, 1-3 PL)
|at Lafayette||Oct. 11, 2019 | 7 p.m.|
|Location||Easton, Pa. | Kirby Sports Center|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|at Bucknell||Oct. 12, 2019 | 3 p.m.|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pa. | Davis Gym|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
The Holy Cross volleyball team will continue its Patriot League road swing with a visit to Lafayette on Friday, Oct. 11, followed by a match at Bucknell on Saturday, Oct. 12.
Things to Know About the Crusaders (3-15, 0-4 Patriot League):
- Holy Cross comes off a tough weekend, with a loss to Patriot League-leading Colgate on Oct. 3 followed by a tight 3-1 setback at Army West Point on Oct. 5.
- In the Army West Point match, junior middle blocker Clare Honan recorded nine total blocks, the most in a single contest by a Crusader since the 2016 season. Honan is the team’s leader in blocks with 36 this season, including 15 solo blocks. She additionally earned Patriot League honorable mention recognition on Monday, Oct. 7 for her impressive performance.
- As a team, the Crusaders posted a season-high 15 blocks against the Black Knights; freshman outside hitter Gracyn Benck added five and junior middle blocker Katie Kerins had three.
- In addition to Honan’s outstanding day, two players had double-doubles for Holy Cross: junior setter Shannon Dwyer (34 assists, 17 digs) and sophomore outside hitter Johnna Shamley (20 digs, 12 kills).
- Junior libero Sophie VanSeveren ranks fifth in the Patriot League with an average of 4.17 digs per set.
- Dwyer ranks seventh in the Patriot League with an average of 5.65 assists per set.
Things to Know About the Leopards (11-8, 0-3 Patriot League):
- Lafayette fell to Loyola (Md.) in three sets on Oct. 5.
- The Leopards won 10 consecutive matches earlier this season between Sept. 7 and Sept. 24.
- Outside hitter Grace Tulevich leads Lafayette with 236 kills this season, while outside hitter Leanna Deegan has added 228 kills.
- The Leopards rank third in the Patriot League in service aces, averaging 1.61 per set. Setter Julia Howard leads the team in that category with 26 aces this season; the team has 115 total aces, which ranks 16th nationally.
Things to Know About the Bison (12-4, 1-3 Patriot League):
- Bucknell comes off a 0-2 weekend on the road, with a five-set loss to Loyola on Oct. 4 and a sweep at the hands of American on Oct. 5.
- The Bison will host Army West Point on Friday before Saturday’s contest with the Crusaders.
- Rookie Kelsey O’Laughlin leads the conference with an average of 10.36 assists per set.
- Middle blocker Mimi Richards, who has recorded a team-best 161 kills this year, ranks third in the league with a .313 hitting percentage.
- As a team, Bucknell ranks second in the Patriot League in hitting percentage (.228), assists per set (12.24) and service aces per set (1.64).
Last Time They Met:
- The Crusaders earned a season sweep against the Leopards in 2018, recording a 3-1 win in Easton, Pa., on Oct. 12 before posting a 3-1 Senior Day victory at home on Nov. 10. In the road win, then-rookie outside hitter Regan Wright recorded 14 kills and 21 digs.
- Holy Cross also earned a pair of wins against Bucknell in 2018, with a sweep at home on Sept. 28 followed by a 3-1 road win on Oct. 27. Shamley posted a double-double of 15 digs and 10 kills in the road victory.