2018 HOME FOOTBALL GAME-BY-GAME PROMOTIONS:
Western Carolina vs. Newberry / Sat., Sept. 1:• Game Sponsors: Ingles and iHeartRadio partners, 99.9 Kiss Country and Star 104.3
• 2018 Catamount Football Home Opener
• #WhiteOutWhitmire / Fireworks Night: WCU's home-opening tilt with Newberry College is slated to be the lone home night game and culminates with postgame fireworks extravaganza as the night sky will be illuminated with a fireworks display. The Catamounts will wear their all-white uniform look for the #WhiteOutWhitmire promotion at E.J. Whitmire Stadium / Bob Waters Field. All fans are encouraged to wear white to the game with the first 5,000 fans receiving a free WCU White Out T-shirt. Last season, 11,763 fans packed Whitmire Stadium for the "Blackout" while 11,598 flooded Whitmire Stadium for the Catamounts' first "White Out" victory over Gardner-Webb. For a fourth consecutive year, WCU's postgame fireworks display will be presented by Ingles and iHeartRadio partners, 99.9 Kiss Country and STAR 104.3. Be sure to share the information with your friends on social media using the hashtag, #WhiteOutWhitmire.
• 8th Annual Freshmen Run: The tradition that began in 2011 with former Western Carolina University Chancellor Dr. David Belcher continues for future Purple & Gold classes as all WCU freshmen will hit the field for a special pregame entrance through the Cat Head tunnel onto the turf at Whitmire Stadium, preceding the first home entrance of the Catamount football team in 2018.
Western Carolina vs. VMI / Sat., Sept. 22:• Game Sponsors: Wells Fargo
• WCU Family Weekend: A Cullowhee tradition! This is a great weekend for all of Western Carolina as family members of WCU students are encouraged to spend their weekend in Cullowhee. WCU students, be sure to get tickets for your family members and cheer on the Catamounts. WCU's Family Weekend is presented in part by Mast General Store.
• Southern Conference Opener: Western Carolina hosts the VMI Keydets in its first league game of the 2018 season. WCU looks to get to 3-0 for the first time since 1976 as it clashes with the Keydets.
Western Carolina vs. Chattanooga / Sat., Oct. 13:• Game Sponsors: B.H. Graning Landscapes and Supply
• Hall of Fame Weekend: Western Carolina will enshrine its 29th induction class into the WCU Athletics Hall of Fame that includes a Saturday morning ceremony in the UC Grand Room and again recognition during the WCU-UTC football game.
Western Carolina vs. The Citadel - Sat., Nov. 3:• Game Sponsors: Harris Regional & Swain Community Hospitals
• Homecoming, 2018: Western Carolina's annual Homecoming game is always the highlight of the season. With a weekend full of great events around campus, we hope you all will join us in Cullowhee, and finish off a weekend to remember by cheering on our Catamounts to victory against long-time league rival, The Citadel! A complete listing of campus-related Homecoming, 2018 activities will be made available online at www.homecoming.wcu.edu.
• Catamount Club Greek Challenge: The annual winners of the Catamount Club's Fraternity-Sorority Greek Challenge will be announced during the Homecoming game. The organizations that win will have their letters displayed throughout the game in appreciation for their efforts in increasing scholarship support for Catamount student-athletes.
Western Carolina vs. Wofford / Sat., Nov. 10:• Game Sponsors: Catamount Peak Apartments and Pepsi
• WCU 2018 Senior Day: The afternoon begins with a special pre-game ceremony honoring Western Carolina's seniors including Catamount football players and managers, Catamount cheerleaders and members of the WCU Dance Team. At halftime, WCU will also recognize the senior members of the "Pride of the Mountains" Marching Band.
• Military Appreciation Day: Western Carolina extends a special invitation to all the men and women who have served - or are currently serving - in our nation's Armed Forces. ALL military veterans and current service members will receive FREE admission with their military ID, and their families will receive tickets for just $15.
2018-19 HOME MEN'S AND WOMEN'S BASKETBALL GAME PROMOTIONS:Will be announced at a later date.
2018 HOME BASEBALL GAME PROMOTIONS:Will be announced at a later date.
• Catamount Baseball Bingo: Be sure to grab a Bingo card as you enter the stadium and play along each time the Catamounts are at bat;
• Dunkin' Dingers: Every Catamount home run not only lights up the scoreboard at Childress Field / Hennon
• B.H. Graning Perfect Toss: Stop by the marketing table to sign-up for the B.H Graning "Perfect Tough" T-shirt toss which is held between innings during each home game!
• Napa Cracker Jack Toss: What is baseball without Cracker Jacks!?! Keep your eyes to the sky for the Napa Auto & Truck Parts Cracker Jack toss during each home game;
• O'Malley's of Sylva Trivia: Test your Catamount baseball knowledge; stop by the marketing table to sign-up for the O'Malley's Trivia Contest;
• Sunday Run Day: Kids are invited to run the bases following the Sunday home games at Childress Field / Hennon Stadium;