Women's Tennis Falls to Lafayette in Patriot League First Round
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s tennis team fell to Lafayette, 4-0, in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament Thursday afternoon. The Crusaders entered the match as the nine seed, while the Leopards were the eight seed.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Leopards claimed a point from the doubles competition by winning No. 1 and No. 3. Allison Reiling and Caroline Kam won No. 2 doubles, 6-1.
- Reiling fell at No. 1 singles, 2-6, 3-6, Sophia Papa at No. 3 singles, 0-6, 0-6, and Morgan McGuire at No. 4 singles, 0-6, 2-6.
- The other singles matches were not finished as the overall team outcome had already been decided.
- Jennifer Kary led in her No. 5 singles, match, 7-5, 3-0, when it was called.
- Maddie DeNucci had only played one set at No. 2 singles, a 5-7 loss.
- Kam was also leading at No. 6 singles, 6-4, 0-1.