The point guard position is the most difficult position to play on the court. Like a quarterback in football, the point guard must be aware of all the elements of the game. He/She must be able to initiate their team’s offense while taking care of the ball and making sure all of their teammates are aware of their responsibilities. The best point guards think pass-first and can create scoring opportunities for the players around them, while still being able to score themselves.
Point Guard Teaching Points:
- Learn the Golden Rules of being a Point Guard
- Learn how to be a floor general
- Increase speed and agility through the Point Guard position
- Learn all five Euro steps
- Learn the entire chair ball handling series
- Learn how to change speeds and when
- Learn how to handle traps and double teams
- Improve hand speed and vision
- Every player will learn all eight kill spots… and more
School Director: Coach Tiny Green
The Hoop Group is proud to have Coach Ellonya ‘Tiny’ Green direct all of the Instructional Programming at Hoop Group Headquaters. Coach Green is the President of Nothing But Skills (NBS) based out of South Brunswick. Coach Green is also a former associate head coach at Division I schools Fairleigh Dickinson, Hofstra, and St. Bonaventure. Ellonya has coached numerous players selected by the NBA and European leagues. He has coached in 7 NCAA tournaments. Ellonya achieved All-American status as a player at Upsala College.
Email coop@Hoopgroup.com or call 732-897-3196 for more information.