Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Nebraska's Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) was implemented in 1987 to ensure that student-athletes have a voice regarding their total student-athlete experience. SAAC is a recognized student organization at the University of Nebraska and consists of at least one team appointed representative from each of Nebraska's 24 intercollegiate teams. SAAC meets bi-weekly throughout the academic year, communicating directly with Athletic Director Bill Moos on various student-athlete welfare issues. SAAC also coordinates a number of events within the athletic department and in the community of Lincoln to promote the importance of education, service and responsible decision making. Nebraska's SAAC has been recognized across the country as one of the most comprehensive, consistent and productive in the country.
Mission & Values
SAAC serves as the voice of the student-athletes, developing and displaying LEADERSHIP by:
- Exhibiting INTEGRITY through all actions.
- Striving to EMPOWER growth and community within each respective team.
- Fostering UNITY across the athletic department and student-athlete body.
- Promoting STUDENT-ATHLETE WELFARE for the betterment of their collegiate experience.
SAAC has a voice and representation at many levels:
- Frequent interaction with Director of Athletics
- All Student-Athlete Meeting
- Administrator Luncheons
- Guest Administrators at every SAAC meeting
- Representation on the Intercollegiate Athletic Committee
- Big Ten Meetings
For the 2019-20 academic year, SAAC will be led by President Sinclaire Miramontez (Soccer), with support from Daniel Pearson (Men's Golf), as the Vice President. Sierra Hassel (Women's Gymnastics) will function as the Big Ten Representative and Evan Hymanson (Men's Gymnastics) will serve as Secretary.